Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The cat lover

I am a cat lover who is very set in her ways (as is my cat, a blue-point Siamese, whose name is Russian for "mouse"). In order to study or read effectively within the confines of my home, I must have a least one cat, curled up in my lap asleep. This can be a big problem when trying to use the computer, as my cat wants to help me with the mouse or type on the keyboard. Such challenges can generally be overcome with some creativity (or the talents of a contortionist). My optimum learning setting is peace and quiet. I have difficulty understanding how my two very intelligent teenage sons can study or do homework while listening to rock music or anime on the computer. Even in college, I had to live alone so that I wouldn't be distracted when studying and could maintain my own schedule. So the big question here is, who is more spoiled, me or the cat(s)?

No comments: